Providing Quality Swimming Pool Leak Detection and Swimming Pool Repair at a Reasonable Price
Mon – Fri: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Swimming Pool Leak Detection
and Swimming Pool Repair
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
Answers to the following questions can help us diagnose your swimming pool leak...
- How long has your pool been leaking?
- How much water does your pool lose in a 24-hour period?
- Does your pool lose more water when the pump is running?
- Does the water in your pool “level off” at some point?
The Swimming Pool Bucket Test
Wondering if your swimming pool even has a leak?
Some water loss is expected and normal. Evaporation, wind and splashing can cause up to 1/4" to 1/2" loss of water per day in the summer and 1/8" to 1/4" per day in the winter.
You can perform a simple test called the "Bucket Test" to help determine if your pool has a leak.
- Bring the water in the pool to a normal operating level.
- Fill a bucket (5 gallon recommended) with pool water to within a few inches of the top.
- Place the bucket on the top pool step.
- Mark the level of the water on the INSIDE of the bucket (with tape, a sharpie pen, etc.).
- Turn the pool pump (and any autofill) off.
- Mark the level of the water on the OUTSIDE of the bucket (with tape, a sharpie pen, etc.).
- Turn the pool pump back on. (Leave the autofill off until the test is complete.)
** Do not use the pool for 24 hours **
- After 24 hours, compare the two water levels: has the water in the pool gone down more than the water in the bucket?
- Yes - your pool probably has a leak.
- No - your pool probably does not have a leak; water loss is due to normal pool conditions/activities.
Still have questions? Call us!
Leak Professionals is Ready to Serve You!
Copyright 2006 – 2019 Leak Professionals